Friday, March 01, 2013

Friday Favourites.

My research snippets in the week are tied in to my Facebook page where I post something different on a Friday.  I did start doing a current research and reading book for Friday, but sometimes that means you'll be seeing the same things for weeks on end, so I've decided instead to post a random 3  items of things that I really like, sometimes related to writing but as often not.



A favourite fiction work:  It's the middle of
a trilogy that begins with A Vision of Light
but this one's my favourite.














A favourite album by UK
crossover folk band
Show of Hands











A Favourite Poem by  J.R.R. Tolkien:  
I Sit Beside The Fire and Think:

I sit beside the fire and think
of all that I have seen,
of meadow-flowers and butterflies
In summers that have been;

Of yellow leaves and gossamer
in autumns that there were,
with morning mist and silver sun
and wind upon my hair.

I sit beside the fire and think
of how the world will be
when winter comes without a spring
that I shall ever see.

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood in every spring
there is a different green.

I sit beside the fire and think
of people long ago,
and people who will see a world
that I shall never know.

But all the while I sit and think
of times there were before,
I listen for returning feet
and voices at the door.



No comments: