Monday, April 13, 2009

New Short Story

I'm still on library tour for the next fortnight - Kensington Library on Wednesday with Katie Hickman, Wimbledon Library on Thursday 16th and then Knowle Library Solihull on Friday 17th. I'll be back to meatier blogging after that.
But dropping in to say that a while ago I was asked to write a short story for an anthology being produced to mark the Romantic Novelists' Association 50th anniversary. I was specifically asked for a historical short story and I obliged with one about a washerwoman - I'd been researching medieval laundry practices around the time the request came in. It's titled 'A Clean Start' and readers who are as fond as I am of John Marshal might enjoy a certain cameo appearance!
The book features stories from a range of authors who are all members of the RNA. Katie Fforde, Jill Mansell, Joanna Trollope etc. Also my friend Jan Jones who writes smashing Regency novels, although she tells me her story for this anthology is a contemporary.

url here to the full list.

http://www.rna-uk.org/index.php?page=article&id=158
Mine will be the only story played out in the 12th century, but there really is something for everyone!

6 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Gee, thanks, Elizabeth. I haven't read yours because it went straight through without the need for consultation and it wasn't in the quarter that I proof-read, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the finished volume enormously.

There are some fabulous stories included.

Carla said...

Congratulations, and happy 50th birthday to the RNA!

Izzy said...

Hooray for the John Marshal cameo! When will this anthology come out?

Elizabeth Chadwick said...

Izzy, I think it's early September for the hardcover and November for the paperback - I know I'm going to a launch party in London in November for it, so definitely by then!

Jan Jones said...

The C-format (trade paperback size) is out now!
Go to my blog and click on the book cover in the sidebar.

Have now read your story, Elizabeth and it is JUST PERFECT!

Elizabeth Chadwick said...

Thanks Jan - I know you'd know. I've got that many balls in the air (!) that I can't keep track of them all. I don't know about JUST PERFECT - LOL but it's kind of you to say so!